Friday, February 16, 2007

Stupid units!!!

So I was going to try this assay to measure total lipid concentration that I've been wanting to have a go at for ages and tonight I thought I'd give it a Bash. So I rang wiff at 9pm and told her I'd be extra late and headed for the lab.

2 hours of playing with conc sulphuric and water baths later I found out that the standard curve I had meticulously serial diluted was 3 orders of magnitude under the desired concentration because the fucking wankstain (Frings et al, 1972) had quoted his concs in mg per decilitre!

What the fuck is a decilitre????

(Its a rhetorical question!)

But really, who uses a stupid unit like a decilitre!?!?!?!?

It really bugs the shit out of me when people can't use sensible fucking units.

Get this:

1000mg/dl = 10g/l

Why the fuck didn't the little twat quote his concs in fucking grams per litre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHH!!!!!!!!!!

(Scary goes to bed before his head explodes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your opinions of my opinions. Oh- and cocking fuckmouse.