Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Britain's future lies with Europe

.
I am decidedly pro-european and I like the tone of this article. Europe has the potential to challenge the American supremacy but only if the continent's countries cooperate together. I am a mixture of localist and internationalist with a little national pride here and there for good measure. It seems clear to me that the solution to the challenges to efficient government presented by national boundaries can be solved- as with most problems-not by an exclusive resort to the extremes of devolution or centralism but through a measured blend of the two. Certain politics are better handled at local level and others on far larger scales.

I hate the conceit and ignorance of jingoism, so prevalent in modern British society.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your opinions of my opinions. Oh- and cocking fuckmouse.