Thursday, October 11, 2007

saving the marine environment

‘...the great and long iron of the wondrychoun [trawl] runs so heavily over the ground when fishing that it destroys the flowers of the land below the water there...’
-Commons petition to the King of England, 1376
cited in Auster et al, 1996


I don't think I've linked to this before so I'll whack it up here now (its 8mb so beware dial-up losers). Its the RCEP's report on the sustainability of our marine fisheries and the impact on overfishing on the rest of the ecosystem. Its a subject close to my heart and one I profess to understand with a degree of insight, being a marine biologist after all.

Another good source of information is The End of The Line, a book written by Charles Clover, which I'm sure I've mentioned before but I can't seem to find.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, there is a broken link in this article, under the anchor text - I don't think I've linked to this

    Here is the working link so you can replace it - https://selectra.co.uk/energy/guides/market/rcep

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your opinions of my opinions. Oh- and cocking fuckmouse.