Friday, October 19, 2007

the inhumanity of economics

This is new to me and I find it simply appalling.

I am reminded of the closing comments in Adam Curtis's documenatry series, The Trap. At the end of the second program Curtis's narration concludes with the observation that the game theory/free market model is now undergoing interrogation by economists who suspect a more irrational model of behaviour is appropriate and useful. In fact, in formal experiments the only people who behaved exactly according to the mathematical models created by game theory are economists themselves, and psychopaths.

The document I first linked to suggests that these two groups of people might actually be one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your opinions of my opinions. Oh- and cocking fuckmouse.